Sunday, September 18, 2005

They Bumped this for Grey's Anatomy!

Last year I started watching Boston Legal. Pretty much from episode one I declared it to be the West Wing replacement. Both smart and funny, the show's writing, characters, and general feel were truly stupendous. I'll admit that the legal spin to the show dovetailed nicely with my legal education, but the show was really good without the legal bit. Brett even enjoyed the show... and I think Timber did too.

Well, the show only aired for half a season! And why? For stupid Grey's Anatomy. I'm told that Grey is all sorts of sexy and the Seattle setting is theoretically local and thus appealing (never mind they would have to rearrange the city to make it actually appear as it does in the show). Suffice to say, I didn't really care for Grey's. We were told that Boston Legal would return eventually, next seasons hopefully. As of right now plans are still on to bring back the show (with some minor cast tweaks).

None of that matters now, because the Academy has spoken and Boston Legal is not just a good show, it is an award winning show. And they only got to air half the season. William Shatner took home the Emmy for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama and James Spader won for Best Actor in a Drama. Take that Grey's Anatomy... you couldn't even win in the Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series category!

No comments: