Tuesday, September 13, 2005

It hurts... and not just a little bit

First, things are going better in the work world. Issues are under control with LegSim and the computers are all setup at the GPSS Office. But that doesn't mean everything is right with the world. This morning, while working out, I did something horrible to my right shoulder/back region. And when I say horrible, I mean to say I'd rather not have an arm right now then deal with this particular pain. Of course, the pain the is of the variety where you don't feel it until you do something with the arm... which the absence of pain prior to the doing conveys the idea that doing may be a good idea. But no, doing is not a good idea; doing is to be avoided at all costs.

Tomorrow is cardio/abs, so hopfully I won't be using that particular muscle group very much and can give it time to rest and regenerate. But the next weights day is just around the corner, and I'm really not sure what is the appropriate course of action. I know stopping is a bad idea (worse than the doing I advised against so forcefully), but stopping and doing and often diametrically opposed, so there may be some difficult choices in the near future. On the plus side, I now weigh and outstandingly low weight of 155lbs!!! Quite frankly, I don't want to weigh any less. Now the trick is to convert the fat into muscle, and I think that process is coming along quite well.

I have an interview tomorrow with a big fancy D.C. firm specializing in patent law. If I were to be offered a job there, I would seriously drop a lung... but I do want to walk away feeling like I did well in the interview, and this muscle pain isn't going to make it very easy. My strategy, and I think it's a good one, is to rely on the total awesomeness of my new tie.

No comments: