Monday, October 23, 2006

116 Squats!

Today marks the beginning of week six of my 90 day (approximately 13 week) exercise program. My most faithful readers will remember I embarked on a similar journey last year. That attempt was cut short by an uptake in school commitments, personal injuries, and my Grandmother's health. This time, without any school or work or social life to speak of, there is nothing getting in my way!

What is exciting about this day, as opposed to all the other days I've been working out, is that I advanced from Program 1-2 to Program 3-4. It's essentially the same routine as the first one, but with many more repetitions and a whole additional set of targeted exercises (including one where I get to pretend to be Superman). But here's the kicker, at the end of the final round you do "Max Upper Body" and "Max Lower Body," which is essentially as many pushups and squats are your body can handle.

I'm proud to report that when you include all the pushups and squats done during the earlier rounds I completed 116 squats and 87 pushups. On an unrelated note, my arms, having fallen off, are no longer attached to my body.

... also, I've lost over 10 lbs, but am starting to pickup up the weight in muscle. Oh, and a throat update will be forthcoming in the next couple of days... some interesting developments!

3 comments:

David Morgan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sean Bakker Kellogg said...

The Power90 is a product from Beachbody... a company whose sales tactics I strongly dislike. Having seen an infomerical for the product I decided to buy it. But buying it via their website was one of the most painful processes in my entire web experience.

So many popups, add-ons, special deals... good grief. The worse part was knowing you actually needed for the program and what you could do without. Once I eventually figured out how to buy the DVD, and just the DVD, it was all good.

I've really enjoyed it... try searching for Power90 online and you'll find lots of pages about people's experiences. It's six days a week though, so the commitment is serious.

Anonymous said...

Holy shit - great work, Sean. Sounds like everything you're losing is being magically re-appropriated to me. :(