Thursday, October 05, 2006

Taste Like Feet

I've been working out regularally since I arrived in Santa Cruz (although my current bout with the cold has knocked me out). Regardless, after every workout I make myself a delicious and nutritious smoothie with my trusty blender. A little bit of sorbet, yogurt, orange juice, frozen fruit (usually banana), and a few heaps of vanilla flavored protein powder. Life's been good.

A few days ago Sarah and I visited Staff of Life, a sort of locally owned Whole Foods near our apartment. They have a separate store that only sells herbal medicines, cosmetics, and assorted therapies. I've been buying my protein powder in bulk from the main store, but at the separate store they have a truly giant selection of various powders.

Among the many options I found 100% Greens & Whey: Vanilla Flavored. Being a man of many flavors, I decided I'd see what all those kids are raving about and picked up a single serving package for sampling.

I find a visual is necessary to fully communicate my feelings about this, er, beverage.

Good lord! I couldn't get down more than three sips. I still have a headache from the quasi-nausea inflicted by this awful concoction. Sarah, my local healthnut, wouldn't even try the stuff. My poor blender will never forgive me for the absolute horror.

Consider yourself warned.

2 comments:

1112223334445 said...

That looks absolutely revolting - like something you scare trick-or-treaters with on Halloweeen. I hope you sanitize your blender.

Jonathan said...

Oh Sean... that is absolutely disgusting. Isn't the point about not being in Seattle is that you don't have to down that kind of crap?