Thursday, November 16, 2006

The New Seven World Wonders

Folks over at the NewOpenWorld Foundation have decided to name seven new world wonders. For those not "in the know" six of the seven world wonders have failed the test of time. To name a new seven the organization started with 200 and paired it down the 21 now up for public vote. Feel free to participate.

I voted for the following: I tried to be geographically diverse, but favored older structures over newer structures. The Syndey Opera House, by far the most modern on my list, was not chosen for its location in the Southern Hemisphere so much as I think it's really cool looking. The Eiffel Tower and the Statue of Liberty can be listed once they've stood up for another thousand years. I don't see how The Great Wall wasn't already part of the original World Wonders... perhaps my vote didn't get counted the first time.

No comments: