Saturday, August 26, 2006

Ironies of Ironies

Just yesterday I went to visit my friend who is working for Preston, Gates, and Ellis at their downtown Seattle office. After leaving him at the intersection of 3rd and Madison, I had to cross 3rd and Senica to get to my bus stop. I saw the bus roll up to the light I was waiting at and was forced to make a split second decision--obey the crosswalk sign and miss the bus, or do the opposite. As anyone who has spent five minutes with me downtown will tell you, I never cross against the light. It's just really not in my nature. But I was already running late and didn't want to miss the bus... so I waited until all the traffic had cleared, looked both ways, stepped out onto the street, and promptly received my first every jay-walking ticket.

Strike that... first ever ticket, period.

$46 that split second decision cost me. And to think of all the people in the world who made fun of me for waiting at the light. sigh.

In other news, while everyone is very excited that Pluto is no longer a planet, there is one group who is slipping through the cracks in this larger debate about the nature of our solar system. Can you guess who? That's right, the astrologists.

1 comment:

Karl Smith said...

It's because you lack *practice* at jaywalking, my friend. Keep training; you'll be a pro in no time! ;-)