Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Done with a Capital D, that Rymes with V, that Stands for Vegas

I just turned in by Basic Income Tax final, the last of my three back-to-back-to-back finals and ends the quarter1. I think I did just fine, all things consider, and am looking forwards to my perfunctory B+. No shame in being average at a top tier law school.

On Saturday I pick up the minivan in preparation for leaving on Sunday on our much vaunted Vegas Road Trip! Pictures should be flowing back from the event, along with some sort of musical montage for the actual driving portion. We have a timeshare ready for our use down there (free of charge, thanks Mom and Shannan!) and will be staying for 5 days! In addition, we are driving through six different states: Washington, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, California, and Oregon. And the plan is to drive NONSTOP! I don't know whose going to be doing the driving at three in the morning, but it should be loads of fun.

The trip is largely bankrolled by my fantastic tax return this year (thank you qualified tuition exemption). Although, for a moment there I was sort of freaked out when I received an email claiming to be from the IRS informing me my refund was only going to be $68. After freaking out (seriously, emotional blowout) for a bit, I realized it was a fake... email originated in Japan, the website it sent me to had a Brazillian TLD, the thing was covered in government copyright notices, but the real nail in the coffin was the form asking for my credit card number so they could send me my refund. Hmm... I don't think that's how credit cards work.

Anyway, the whole trip should be a blast and a welcome relief after the super stressful quarter I've just finished. Hoo-ah!

1. Technically, I got an extension on a two credit research project, but I don't care.

1 comment:

Alex Kim said...

You know, I probably wouldn't have noticed your "footnote" if you had just included it inline with your post... I tend to skim. But I really can't resist little pieces of very small text. Like moths to a flame.